日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, October 21, 2005

Friday's English Health Discussion

Drank too much whisky last night and went to bed at 2am, after watching "My Name is Earl".

Woke up at 6am with a hangover, had orange juice and a coca-cola for breakfast, went to work, drank 3 cups of coffee, got twitchy, felt like I was gonna pass out.

After work, went to the dentist for cleaning/checkup. I think I have a crush on the dental assistant girl. ;-) %-)

Depeche Mode Update: Dave Gahan says the strangest groupies were in Japan. (maybe this is a Health topic also... ;-)

4 Comments:

At 10/23/2005 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,Cheap Trick!

Each time when I hear the name of this band, I got a flash of nostalgia - my girlhood among the friends.

The Live Album "at Budokan"(1979) - You can hear our "nearly fainted" scream with joy and the impressionable Japanese teen-age girls refrain in the album.

It was the spring of 1978.

 
At 10/29/2005 9:42 PM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

Hi Penny Lane,

Let's see... in 1978 I was probably still listening to Kiss. ;-)

"Detroit Rock City..."

Then moved to The Cars, The Psychedelic Furs, Kraftwerk and Depeche Mode, The Cure (and Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Severed Heads...) and back to Depeche Mode.

;-)

 
At 11/02/2005 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good evening, Mr.ryecatcher.

Wow, The Cure! They are great, just great!

Lots of R & R bands were popular with teen-ager the late of 70s in Tokyo, especially Kiss, Queen and Aerosmith.

Do you still remember what the first album you bought?

 
At 11/04/2005 10:06 PM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

First album? Well, I just listened to what my brother had and brought back from his university for a while (he introduced me to Depeche Mode, etc.) But then our musical tastes diverged...

Maybe the first album I bought was "Head on the Door" by the Cure, or "A Broken Frame" or maybe "Construction Time Again" by DM (after my brother bought "Speak and Spell").

 

Post a Comment

<< Home