日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, February 03, 2006

Dracula (Friday's English)

As I type, I'm drinking Guinness and munching Sapporo beer crackers. Got them at the beer museum in Ebisu yesterday. I always have a beer when I'm there, since it's cheap (about 250Yen) and pleasant enough. Yesterday I had an ale.

Well anyway, today was payday, and I was thinking about getting a copy of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's a novel about Vlad the Impaler (I think), who was the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula. Not sure if the novel will be my style... (too many novelistic adjectival flourishes?) But Bookslut liked it, so I'm guessing it's not bad. ^_^

Brain Wide Web link alert: Vlad the Impaler was Romanian (from Transylvania?) - a few years ago in Aichi, I was teaching with a Romanian girl (she was nice and kinda hot, by the way). Also, not far from my "furusato" in America, there's a Transylvania University!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home