日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, October 28, 2005

Friday's English

Thinking about taking a break from posting here. Until I get a better idea what is interesting to people.

People may be surprised, but writing in Japanese on a weblog wasn't my idea. An acquaintance talked me into it.

Along the lines of 日本は面白い, on the train today I saw two girls on a seat "making out". And the only other people in the car besides me were three sort of "butch" sounding and "butch" looking girls (I see a lot of them since I'm not far from 日本女子体育大学).

Then at the next stop, an oyaji got into the train and was talking to himself off an on. Always an adventure.

Mushroom hunting in a suit and expensive necktie at Takao. (Well, I put the suit jacket and tie in my bag and tucked the suit pants into my socks). Found some "yellow staining milk caps" -- really wild -- you cut it and a white milky liquid comes out (no laughing!) and quickly turns sulfur yellow. Wild stuff. Also apparently poisonous...

Also found a tree with words painted on it in Japanese, saying something like "there are many suicides here". I don't know if it's true, or a hoax by some prankster kids...


PS: put some idioms above in italics (and some words have links to definitions).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home