日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday's English (gone fishing again...)

Yes, I've gone fishing again! (Does he ever work?!?!)

But I'm fishing in a "foreign" country. The place is a secret. But I'll give a few hints: bourbon, blue grass, Daniel Boone...

Coming back into the airport in this country, I noticed a few things that gave me "reverse culture shock":

1) on the escalators, no yellow line to show the edges of steps (I miss them)
2) everybody talking (yapping) on cell phones -- "it's worse than Japan!", I thought.
3) in the airport restrooms (toilets) the doors on the stalls don't cover your feet.
4) going through the X-ray machine at airport security here, I had to take off all metal things (I expected this), but ALSO MY SHOES!?!? They don't provide carpet to walk on while your shoes go through the machine... Well, it's strange, and annoying. So my revenge is that the security people have to smell my stinky boots. HOHOHOHAHAHA! ;-)

PS: maybe I can't post in Japanese while I'm here. We'll see.

2 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

travel safe. have a super holiday! You can have a large stock of butter finger! ;-)

k

 
At 9/17/2005 12:00 AM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

Thanx, KK! But if I have a large stock of butterfingers, my belly will get bigger. :-o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home