日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday English and Mushrooms



I found these mushrooms at Takao. I think the red and orange ones are edible(食 用). The white ones may be deadly poisonous(毒). :-o Don't worry, I'm not going to eat any of them. But they're pretty and mysterious.

I think the red one is Amanita hemibapha (タマゴタケ). But some people say never eat an Amanita.

And I think the orange one is Boletus auripes, (コガネヤマドリ). Some bolete mushrooms are popular to eat in the west.

I don't know what the white one is, but I wonder if it is the "Destroying Angel"... (if you eat it, you will die. The name is very poetic and frightening, don't you think?)

BE CAREFUL: I say, "I THINK these are naninani...". I'm a mushroom beginner, and all of these mushrooms may be poison! So please don't try them. I'm just writing about them because they are colorful and interesting. (Last week I saw a news story about mushroom poisoning here in Japan - just do a Googleニュース search for "毒キノコ".)

Sorry for the strange angle and bad quality picture... I still don't have a good digital camera. Anybody want to donate one to me?!? ;-)

PS: here are more cute Amanita muscaria goods. (see previous post)

PPS: are these "kinoko advisors"?? People you can contact to get advice on mushrooms??

2 Comments:

At 9/10/2005 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

> I think the red and orange ones are edible

I also don't have any ideas on mashrooms.. As you know, it's really difficult to distinguish between edible one and poisonous one..

You're now a mashroom beginner, lol. Someday you'll be experienced.

Wish you luck!!!
may

 
At 9/10/2005 6:47 PM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

Hi May,

It's difficult to resist eating the red one... I see many web pages that say it's delicious, and it LOOKS so oishii.

Here are some of the pages about tamagotake:

four stars for edibility

a guy eating it in Kamchatka

recommending it with mayonnaise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home