日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday's English


Why all the PET bottles?

Since my ex-girlfriend was Japanese, I asked her and she told me the reason. I'll call it reason A.

Reason A: They're used for ****************.

It's a secret.

A couple of years ago, I and some co-workers were talking about it and I told them Reason A. One of the guys I worked with was a real idiot. He said, "No, they're used for putting out fires."
I guess in the picture above there are a LOT of fires! :-o

So that was reason B.

Reason B: They're used for putting out fires.

What do you think?

3 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for cats???

 
At 8/27/2005 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that this is for cats,too.
Cats are surprised.

 
At 8/28/2005 9:41 PM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

Yeah, that's what my ex-gf said. One version was that the PET bottles give off some smell that cats don't like. Another version is that cats don't like sunlight reflecting/refracting through the water-filled PET bottles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home