日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday's English "A Swell Train Ride"

Yes, I had a swell train ride today. Not really, I'm being facetious... A "paper rustler" sat next to me. You know the type: and older Japanese guy who makes a lot of noise with his newspaper. But this guy today was great. First, he dropped down onto the seat (like children do), maybe trying to shake everybody else on the seat. Then he stands up and does it again -- drops down as violently as possible. Then he took out his newspaper and proceeded to beat, smack, fold, crease and otherwise punish his poor innocent newspaper, trying (I guess) to announce his presence to the other passengers by making as much noise as possible. Bad newspaper! (SMACK!) Bad newspaper! (RUSTLE...SMACK!) Tokyo is always exciting. ;-)

And Neco, on the Morel front, I saw several by Shinjuku Gyoen (not in the gardens, but around here, on the walkway just outside the gardens) today. They were a little old, not so fresh looking, but still interesting to find. (And to perplex people watching me, trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at.) ;-)

4 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, ryecatcher, for letting know about morels.
It is shame that they were a bit old, isn't it?
Muuu? Did you take them to your place?

Anyway, it means there will still appear morels around Shinjuku Gyoen, right?

 
At 4/08/2006 5:36 AM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

Hi Neco,

Actually, at Shinjuku Gyoen there was a shy-looking girl who looked at me curiously and I wondered if it was you!? :-o I guess not...

Yes, there should be morels inside the garden, but I don't know. I think morels need a very natural environment, with leaves on he ground, etc. Shinjuku Gyoen may be a little unnatural, because groundskeepers clean it up often -- maybe they even "clean up" ugly mushrooms...

Are you always online at 3:30AM?!? Of course, I'm not much better -- waking up at 5:30AM on a Saturday. ;-)

 
At 4/08/2006 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny!
You are right, the shylooking girl wasn't I,
as you guessed.
I am much older than her; how do I know?
I know becouse I am a telepath!!

However, I might be looking at you in Kichijoji(^_^)

I wonder if I can get dried morels
at KALDI COFFEE FARM.

 
At 4/08/2006 7:18 AM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

Telepath? Hmmm... I have to be careful. ;-) Kichijoji? Well, I have to go there soon and try to figure out which girl/lady/woman you are!

Yeah, maybe KALDI COFFEE FARM would have dried morels. Or some place like Seijo-Ishii. I did this search and found lots of fancy French restaurants in Tokyo with morels on the menu. Also found this company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home