日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday's English "Bad Habits"

This is the post I promised Kさん but I've been putting off...

I wrote before about my bad habit of snus. Anyway, finally on Tuesday I got my latest package from "The Northerner". I ordered Ettan, LD Original with bergamot (like Earl Grey Tea), Landströms Grov, and Göteborgs Rapé. The Göteborgs Rapé is especially nice (note that it's not the English word "rape", but the French word "Rapé"!), because it has oils from juniper berries in it.

About Göteborg: a couple of years ago I met a Japanese/Swedish girl at the Circle-K here in Setagaya. She was kind of cute. I asked her to say "Göteborg" and when she said it, with the Swedish pronunciation, it was really interesting and sexy. ^_-

Yes, Kさん asked me to write about snus. She said, "be sure to write that it gives you a buzz!" The online dictionary says this about "buzz":

1. A state of pleasant intoxication, as from alcohol.
2. A state of stimulation or overstimulation, as from caffeine.

Another friend, Tさん, always nags me to stop using snus. She thinks it's as dangerous as smoking cigarettes. Well, cigarettes are much more dangerous. But I guess snus is still not "healthy". But anyway, Sweden is one of the only countries where the cancer rate is falling. People think it's because Swedish guys use snus and quit smoking. All the other European countries still have higher rates of cancer. Probably because so many people smoke (like in Japan).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home