日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Friday's English (100th Post) ちょっと早い

Well, I've been writing in this weblog since last July. From time to time, I've been lazy. But (according to Blogger) this is the 100th post.

Not a lot of people read this weblog - maybe about 30 people a day. But to those of you who come and read, thanks for your support! I owe a special "thanks" to Mr. Mochizuki of HappyLife because he linked to here and quite a few people click that link and come here.

Coming up soon:
  • the fall edition (a little late...) of "lacquered Muji notebooks" (not poor man's moleskines...)
  • more Absinthe in Tokyo (found a new location of one of my favorite liquor shops)
  • and (maybe) "Truffles in Tokyo" (not the chocolate ones)
Japanese people may be interested in some of the things I like here in Japan, especially food. Many of my students and friends are surprised that I like natto. Yes! It's true!

And many people laugh (why?!?) when I say that I like manju. Especially Matsudaira Manju. :-9

Well, that's all for today. Again, thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 11:09 PM, Blogger hiro said...

100th posts, omedetou gozaimasu!
I knew this blog recently, but I always enjoy reading it.
Ewww, you like natto! it is true that it's a very healthy food, but I can't stand the smell. >_<
Oh, I love manju, too. It's great to eath it with green tea.
Hmm, I'm afraid I don't know Matsudaira Manju. Where can I get it? :)

 
At 1/13/2006 7:20 PM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

Hi Hiro,

About natto, yeah, it has a... peculiar... smell. But I like fermented foods like that. Yogurt, beer, natto, cheese, etc. Fishy smells are what I don't like (so it's difficult here in Japan) ;-)

About Matsudaira manju. I've only bought them near where they are made. But maybe from the phone number and email address in the link, you could order them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home