日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday's English "Rainy Season"

Well, it's 5:18am... Woke up at 4, tried to go back to sleep but couldn't because I was listening to the girl upstairs stomp around. She looks about 50kg, but sounds about 100kg.

Lots of good news lately! It's rainy every day, so the rainy season is here. To the Japanese readers, yes, I know the "official rainy season" doesn't start until the "Japan Ministry of Rainy Seasons" says it starts, but hey, it's rainy every day, so as far as I'm concerned it's the "rainy season".

OK, I'll try not to be in a bad mood... I'll tell you a funny story. At one of the places I teach, there are young students. From the beginning of the classes I've told them that I can't speak Japanese. But from time to time I accidentally let slip something in Japanese and whenever I do they freak out and start screaming "HE SPEAKS JAPANESE! HE JUST SPOKE JAPANESE!" but I deny it and make that Japanese gesture, waving my hand back and forth (almost looks like waving goodbye), saying "no, I can't speak Japanese".

OK, not such a funny story...

I should be happy because all the rain is bringing plenty of mushrooms, but I haven't been mushroom hunting lately. Ah, what to do this weekend??? Maybe a nice bottle of kudoki jouzu (くどき上手) will inspire me and lift my spirits... Maybe if I drink it, I'll meet a girl like this. ^_^

2 Comments:

At 5/21/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger hiro said...

haha,, your story was funny to me. ;p

"Kudoku jouzu"?! What a wonderful name! Is it helpful to be "kudoki jouzu"?
hm,,,, well,,, is that girl your type? She looks unique and kinda cuty. ^^;;

 
At 5/21/2006 1:14 PM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

Yeah, she's my type. I dig the ohaguro!
(^▄^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home