日本は面白い/世田谷の米国人

向こうから来た人が世田谷、東京、日本の生活を楽しんでいる (^_^)

Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday's English - Genki

To answer Hiro's question in the comments: yes, I'm genki! Yesterday, I got my visa extension. So I can stay in Japan until 2009. :-o I'm already planning how to make use of the summer. Fishing near Chuzenji? A visit to the Oiden festival? A drive to the Japan Sea? (from hikejapan) Maybe all of the above.

Did I ever tell you how delicious Bass Pale Ale is (what I'm drinking now)? It may be underrated, but it's tasty and has a nice fruity, malty "nose".

Here's my favorite toy lately... I learned about it from some of my students. Iemon presents are awesome. When it's too muggy to open the window, I hang it from my air conditioner (but that's probably cheating).

PS: in searching for Iemon info, I noticed this "slim & beauty" campaign. Makes me chuckle -- because this is one of the really weird things for a native speaker: making a slogan that has an adjective and a noun together.

2 Comments:

At 6/23/2006 7:24 PM, Blogger hiro said...

Omedetou!! Congrats!! for your visa extention. :)

You seem to love travelling and outdoor activities(is it correct?).

Where have you ever been in Japan?

 
At 6/24/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger ryecatcher said...

Yeah, the Japan Sea... Yukawa... I like the outdoors. But the Oiden Matsuri... Hmmm, I guess watching Toyota's homemakers wearing skimpy clothing could be considered an outdoor activity.
^_-

Where have I been? Here's the master list: Zao, Japan Sea (Wajima, Obama, etc.), Shikoku (Matsuyama, Kazurabashi), Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto, Nagano, Takayama...

I've always wanted to make it to the Nebuta festival, but never seem to do it. Maybe this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home